GDT: NY Rangers @ Maple Leafs - 7pm - Oct, 18 2021 - game #4

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't care about the loss really  If they play like this they'll win a lot more than they lose

Our fans booing right before a great breakout pass and grade a chance is so Leaf fan.  We played really well last night, could've won, goalie stood on his head (Campbell was pretty darn good, too

On a positive note,, Evander Kane isn't a leaf.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dog Taker said:

when was the last time anyone saw jt actually shoot the puck?  like, get a full on slap shot or wrist shot I mean that actually made it to the net?  not through traffic, not a tip, and not stopping a puck and then back-handing it within 1 foot of the goaltender.

what's odd to me is his complete inability to be in the right spots, especially for a guy who has a good shot.  is this us using him improperly?  or is this him being in his head?

that!

18 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

when was the last time anyone saw jt actually shoot the puck?  like, get a full on slap shot or wrist shot I mean that actually made it to the net?  not through traffic, not a tip, and not stopping a puck and then back-handing it within 1 foot of the goaltender.

what's odd to me is his complete inability to be in the right spots, especially for a guy who has a good shot.  is this us using him improperly?  or is this him being in his head?

Good take. I think it’s a little of both.

37 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

Keefe needs to put Mitch on PP2 and use Tavares in the bumper spot and give Simmonds/Ritchie/Bunting front net presence on PP1. 

He won't because, well, Keefe is too predictable and safe with his moves. He'll bench Nylander the moment he makes a bad mistake but never Mitch, or anyone else he favours.

18 minutes ago, §andman said:

Keefe needs to put Mitch on PP2 and use Tavares in the bumper spot and give Simmonds/Ritchie/Bunting front net presence on PP1. 

He won't because, well, Keefe is too predictable and safe with his moves. He'll bench Nylander the moment he makes a bad mistake but never Mitch, or anyone else he favours.

Heck, Spezza on PP1. We did see Simmonds on PP1 last year and that worked until it subsequently fell off a cliff.

Great game. OT was amazing, except for the loss.

We took a lot of shots but Shest didn't look Spectacular, we just shot at him, or missed the net most times. I think Matthews thought he was going to get a few but his shots weren't labelled.

Enjoying the season so far because I  realized going in that we weren't going to win every game.

14 minutes ago, Philosopher Stoned said:

Great game. OT was amazing, except for the loss.

We took a lot of shots but Shest didn't look Spectacular, we just shot at him, or missed the net most times. I think Matthews thought he was going to get a few but his shots weren't labelled.

Enjoying the season so far because I  realized going in that we weren't going to win every game.

Last two games have been good.  Hate how they started the first two.

This team has a pretty solid 4 lines and finally depth throughout. 

10 hours ago, Anger Management said:

That is worth its weight in gold we need moarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Our fans booing right before a great breakout pass and grade a chance is so Leaf fan. 

We played really well last night, could've won, goalie stood on his head (Campbell was pretty darn good, too). There were some quiet guys, but overall I'm not sure what we can really bitch about.

21 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Some of y’all really still think Shesterkin is some bum, huh?

I already explained it to you, it isn’t shesterkin in a vacuum, it’s that every single goalie has been hot.  

out of 4 games, every game has had a hot goaltender.  odd.  

1 hour ago, Dog Taker said:

I already explained it to you, it isn’t shesterkin in a vacuum, it’s that every single goalie has been hot.  

There's always excuses. Leafs shooting is just garbage, Matthews needs to warm up his shot and he'll get rolling... but everyone else... their shots.... goalies have their glove up and Leafs manage to aways shoot it in the glove.... making any goalie look like a fucking god.

2 hours ago, Dog Taker said:

We've faced three goalies, two of them were standing on their head. It's not an excuse, it doesn't mean we shouldn't have won, but it also doesn't make it not true. 

But let's play the "OMG we make every goalie look incredible game" for a minute. We still have 5 of 8 points. And we're playing shitty according to the majority of the board.

There were a lot of positives last night, it's OK to talk about them. 

What is Ondrej Kase’s status?

Keefe: He blocked a shot yesterday with his foot. He just needed to take the day today. We have a day off tomorrow. He will get assessed. We don’t have all of the information at this point. He may be good to go in practice on the next day, or it might be a day-to-day thing. We won’t know more until he gets more pictures and information.

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2021/10/19/sheldon-keefe-on-mitch-marners-start-to-the-season/

Shocker.

1 hour ago, TuckerIntensity said:

We've faced three goalies, two of them were standing on their head. It's not an excuse, it doesn't mean we shouldn't have won, but it also doesn't make it not true. 

But let's play the "OMG we make every goalie look incredible game" for a minute. We still have 5 of 8 points. And we're playing shitty according to the majority of the board.

There were a lot of positives last night, it's OK to talk about them. 

Nope. Talking about the positives means you’re an apologist who’s making excuses while whining until you’re blue in the face means you’re showing “apathy”.

This place is weird.

7 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

Nope. Talking about the positives means you’re an apologist who’s making excuses while whining until you’re blue in the face means you’re showing “apathy”.

This place is weird.

Looks like we're doing fine in the standings. The hangover from last season's playoff flop is still affecting people on here.

On the other hand, imagine how habs fans feel right now. Suzuki has the same amount of points in 4 games  as Jack Campbell.

• AoR unpinned and locked this topic