Your 2021-2022 Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we could get Rielly for 5, fuck give him all the fucking term he wants. Good god.

I understand.   i just can’t say I agree.  For starters, yes they were the 8 v 9, but the leafs were 3rd in the east, the jackets weren’t even in the wildcard slot (6th in the metro) and wou

And on their way to the successes they’ve had they had the balls to move out literal superstars to make the team better.   This whole Boston thing is going to become a straw for Leafs fans n

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

It's pretty wild that the Leafs have already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs while Boston is only playing their second game tonight.

Leave it to Leafs fans to have a team one point out of first and be writing the team off after 4 games lol

People seem to want to write players off pretty quick but then it always makes sense to trade players away after their 2nd NHL season, when many falter, and when their value is at it's peak.

I'm thinking Ilya Mikheyev might be another Hyman replacement player and maybe even an upgrade to Ritchie on the first line. 23 points in his first 39 game season, big, fast and physical, yah, TO should get rid of him.

6 hours ago, hobarth said:

People seem to want to write players off pretty quick but then it always makes sense to trade players away after their 2nd NHL season, when many falter, and when their value is at it's peak.

I'm thinking Ilya Mikheyev might be another Hyman replacement player and maybe even an upgrade to Ritchie on the first line. 23 points in his first 39 game season, big, fast and physical, yah, TO should get rid of him.

Yeah and he's got the shooting accuracy of Mr. Magoo.  He's 27 and not likely to all of a sudden become a marksman.   Plus, he wants out of Toronto.   Nothing like having disgruntled employees to boost morale 

2 hours ago, crazyray79 said:

Yeah and he's got the shooting accuracy of Mr. Magoo.  He's 27 and not likely to all of a sudden become a marksman.   Plus, he wants out of Toronto.   Nothing like having disgruntled employees to boost morale 

I had to laugh at the Mr. Magoo comment. Nice one.

2 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Trading Dermott for a mystery box was a bad suggestion. Trading Mikheyev when his value is non-existent is another.

True.... should just let him walk for nothing instead.... much better idea

He wants a trade, wants top 6 minutes that he won't get.  He's gone after this season unless Leafs overpay him.... so yeah keep him and let him walk for nothing and have another player who doesn't want to be here... great idea 

2 hours ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Not every player needs to be marksman to be affective.

It's not that he's not effective in his role.  It's that he thinks he should have a roll he's not suited for.  He thinks he's a top 6 winger and if he's going to be he needs to score.  His contract is up and I'm willing to bet he's going to want a big raise and top 6 minutes to sign. 

With Jack in need of a contract Leafs need to clear space.

7 minutes ago, crazyray79 said:

He wants a trade, wants top 6 minutes that he won't get.  He's gone after this season unless Leafs overpay him.... so yeah keep him and let him walk for nothing and have another player who doesn't want to be here... great idea 

Also getting rid of Dermott and Mikheyev added to Kessels cap hit freese up money to resign Jack

2 hours ago, crazyray79 said:

It's early, but Ritchie has done nothing to secure a top 6 spot. Mikheyev will get an opportunity.

1 hour ago, crazyray79 said:

Also getting rid of Dermott and Mikheyev added to Kessels cap hit freese up money to resign Jack

Every year, we're more focused on how players will be paid in future years than how the team is now. Win a damn playoff round first.

2 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

It's early, but Ritchie has done nothing to secure a top 6 spot. Mikheyev will get an opportunity.

Ritchie looks like he's deferring right away, not even trying to make anything happen.  He's not even bringing the physical stuff you'd expect thus far.  Pretty disappointed with Kase too.  Had some looks game 1, and hasn't been a factor at all since.  

I don't expect anything at all from Mikheyev when he returns.  He's had looks, and when he gets them they remind you why they are few and far between.  

If I had to bet, I'd say the two top LW's wind up being Kerfoot and Bunting, in no particular order.  

3 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

Every year, we're more focused on how players will be paid in future years than how the team is now. Win a damn playoff round first.

You have to look ahead when building a team lol

As all of our players proved you don't need to win a round to get paid lol

26 minutes ago, Philosopher Stoned said:

Ritchie was signed to attempt to be Matthew's physical winger. 

He's had 1 game.

How much more does this guy want? 

I think we have to give the new guys at least 10 games to find out where they are at.