Your 2021-2022 Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we could get Rielly for 5, fuck give him all the fucking term he wants. Good god.

I understand.   i just can’t say I agree.  For starters, yes they were the 8 v 9, but the leafs were 3rd in the east, the jackets weren’t even in the wildcard slot (6th in the metro) and wou

And on their way to the successes they’ve had they had the balls to move out literal superstars to make the team better.   This whole Boston thing is going to become a straw for Leafs fans n

Posted Images

Hyman probably gets 4 ish. 

Slot Robertson in. Hope Spezza decides to give them 1 more shot at 1M or less. Liljegren in as well. 

If you could upgrade on Holl, you could roll with the rookies Sandin-Liljegren and add come playoff time. If you have Sandin/Lilly/Robertson/Brooks all on ELC's, there's room to make a move. 

And if Marner gets dealt, that probably free's up space. Or you get 2 for 1 to fill out the roster.

Who am I kidding, Kerfoot gets dealt and Dubas calls it a day and tries again. 

I'd imagine Spezza comes back again, but I'd hate to take him forgranted. 

I'm comfortable enough with that defence as is to start the season. Rotate in Sandin, Liljgren and Dermott. Can always add someone at the deadline. 

The forward group needs some hard-core TLC. Brooks should be an everyday player at a low cost. Do whatever it takes to keep Hyman. I haven't looked at UFAs, but Jenner is my top trade target. Even better if he comes with 50% retention. 

Brayden Schenn is exactly what this team needs, and St. Louis might want a shakeup. But unless Marner is traded he's probably too expensive. 

1 minute ago, LRFE said:

whose Seattle taking, Kerfoot, Engvall, Dermott?

Ohh I forgot about that. I don't hate Kerfoot like I did, but losing his $3.5m would be nice. I think there will be better D available than Dermott

i assume seattle will take kerfoot, so that's 15 mil.

i sign hyman for 3.5-3.7, no more.  people like to pretend like he showed up this playoffs, he didn't.  this is no time to overpay (again) for anyone really, but certainly not someone who just disappeared.

i'd be interested in bringing back foligno IF the price is reasonable.  someone probably will overpay in FA, but i'd explore it at 3mil or under.

jumbo walks.  if simmonds is over 750k, i let him walk too.  

I call up robertson to fill one of the forward holes.  I also explore galchenyuk at 1mil per season.  If the money works, i wouldn't mind engvall on that fourth line either.  he actually impressed me these playoffs, more than I thought he would.  

there are a lot of options at forward tbh.

10 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

did the nhl change the rules or are gms still allowed to trade picks/players to protect a player?

Not allowed anymore after Vegas took a 'little' advantage. 

Its funny we’ve done nothIng but rag on Babcock like it’s some sort of gotcha moment. But in retrospect he knew exactly what this team was and was doing everything he could to turn them into winners. And why wouldn’t he? He’s one of the most decorated, smartest and dedicated coaches in NHL history.  Also in retrospect it’s time to realize he actually got the absolute most out of this team. Taking Washington to 6 games and Boston to 7 twice was an unbelievable feat for this group of players.  Firing Mike Babcock was the dumbest thing this mgmt group has ever done. And not because of the possible future results we would have had but because it shows a level of arrogance that Dubas has that he is nowhere near earning. Like who the fuck are you to fire someone like Mike Babcock? All because your group of overpaid entitled players tuned him out because he was hard on them? That’s fine go hug your players and tell them it’s okay Dubas they’re safe in your arms.

Fuck that. Hire John Tortorella as coach, GM, and President of Hockey OPs so he can burn this shit to the ground. I don’t actually care about results I just want to see fires everywhere

this is in response to @Doc J Babcock laughing gif

It amazes me just how lifeless those last 3 games were... zero pushback, zero momentum changing hits, zero anything... guys like Simmonds, Foligno, Bogosian showed nothing and that's what we got them for. 

And I blame the core. Nobody wants to play and stick up for entitled frat boys. Can you blame them? 

They have zero heart and determination. Last year's Spezza-dropping-the-gloves failed to motivate them. This year's Tavares skating after a horrific injury didn't light a spark. Nothing. 

Marner and Matthews are just neutered puppies in the playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, §andman said:

It amazes me just how lifeless those last 3 games were... zero pushback, zero momentum changing hits, zero anything... guys like Simmonds, Foligno, Bogosian showed nothing and that's what we got them for. 

And I blame the core. Nobody wants to play and stick up for entitled frat boys. Can you blame them? 

They have zero heart and determination. Last year's Spezza-dropping-the-gloves failed to motivate them. This year's Tavares skating after a horrific injury didn't light a spark. Nothing. 

Marner and Matthews are just neutered puppies in the playoffs. 

The “we” stuff with Mitch kills me the most. It’s an absolute piss-off that Jack is always the guy to take accountability and responsibility when he doesn’t have to.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

The “we” stuff with Mitch kills me the most. It’s an absolute piss-off that Jack is always the guy to take accountability and responsibility when he doesn’t have to.

Agreed. Jack should have made that save but it all started with Marner. Instead of trying to dance between 3 defenders when it hasn’t worked for the past 3 years, he needs to start flipping the puck into the corner and go into those areas.

Edited by Matthews34

Hopefully fancy stats Dubas woke up this morning finally understanding that defence wins championships.

This is even more pronounced in the NHL where the playoff rules are vastly different from regular season.

It's painfully obvious how weak that backend is, has always been, and will continue to be. 

However, it's also painfully obvious only Nylander really knows how to step up and play playoff hockey. 

Matthews took a hike, and had one good chance in Game 7. Marner? He's busy passing or shooting writers from the point. Or avoiding contact so much he's giving up pucks. Just a disgusting showing last night. I don't think they tried. 

Just now, Raiden said:

It's painfully obvious how weak that backend is, has always been, and will continue to be. 

However, it's also painfully obvious only Nylander really knows how to step up and play playoff hockey. 

Matthews took a hike, and had one good chance in Game 7. Marner? He's busy passing or shooting writers from the point. Or avoiding contact so much he's giving up pucks. Just a disgusting showing last night. I don't think they tried. 

Outside of Willy, Kerfoot, Spezza, and Jack… who did with any sort of consistency? 

If they came out and dominated last night but got goalied by Price, I could live with that. But they flat out didn’t try and no adjustments were made. Nothing.

1 hour ago, Matthews34 said:

Agreed. Jack should have made that save but it all started with Marner. Instead of trying to dance between 3 defenders when it hasn’t worked for the past 3 years, he needs to start flipping the puck into the corner and go into those areas.

Mitch is 24 years old. He isn't about to start playing a grind it out type of game.

We sucked ass unfortunately and Montreal won their Stanley Cup.  I predict Montreal will lose to Winnipeg in 4 straight the fuckers, and I hope they do.

This is such a familiar situation for us, (losing in the first round), and I’d like to ask the question, if Montreal can get fired up to play us, why couldn’t we do the same?  I thought we would kick their asses all over the ice but the heavy hitting got to us, not to mention the piss poor officiating.

• Raiden pinned this topic