Perhaps Shanahan, Dubas, and Keefe will be gone after this season...

This is a shitty time for this team. They are going to likely limp into the playoffs. 

Is Foligno, Nash, and Hutton the players Dubas is hanging his hat on? How do they fix this piss poor power play? 

I don't know what to say other then it's looking like another disaster is looming. 

There are 2 things to look forward to:

The Leafs either do damage in the playoffs or say goodbye to Shanny/Dubas (followed by Keefe). 

The fans win either way it goes. 

Go Leafs gooooodndueudejrrhffdff...barf!

Edited by StepOnYou
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i'm sorry, but I don't see how *this* team, this year's team, needs to be demolished because our goaltending is god-awful.   and we can sit and pretend like our team should be good enough to win

Buffalo had the greatest goalie of all time and still came up short. You still need an actual defense in front of the goalie to stand a chance, and I'm still convinced our D is anything but a step abo

To be fair, you don't think Freddy's been a problem the past two years either, so maybe accountability is a bit of a blind spot?

This has to be the season the team goes somewhere in the playoffs. Is another first round exit acceptable?  Not saying i agree with step here. But something has to happen if we make another quick playoff exit. We fired Babcock. Who goes next?

1 minute ago, PIPERSMAN63 said:

This has to be the season the team goes somewhere in the playoffs. Is another first round exit acceptable?  Not saying i agree with step here. But something has to happen if we make another quick playoff exit. We fired Babcock. Who goes next?

Keefe has a pretty long leash imo when they're tied for 5th in the league in wins, 7th in point %, and 4th in ROW during his tenure. Despite this, they have a .902 SV% overall and an .835 SV% on the PK - 4th worst in the league. That's nowhere near acceptable.

Shanahan would probably go first due to longevity, but this thread seems reactionary during a losing streak where the goaltending is costing them games again.

5 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Keefe has a pretty long leash imo when they're tied for 5th in the league in wins, 7th in point %, and 4th in ROW during his tenure. Despite this, they have a .902 SV% overall and an .835 SV% on the PK - 4th worst in the league. That's nowhere near acceptable.

Shanahan would probably go first due to longevity, but this thread seems reactionary during a losing streak where the goaltending is costing them games again.

Reactionary? If this team has a first round exit heads will roll. How many tries at this are Shanny/Dubas going to get?

8 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

That PK is straight up garbage, but can't blame Keefe for that when Dubas fills the bottom 6 with charmin ultra soft. I'm interested to see if it improves with Foligno, but I doubt 1 player makes that much difference

1 minute ago, Duffman said:

That PK is straight up garbage, but can't blame Keefe for that when Dubas fills the bottom 6 with charmin ultra soft. I'm interested to see if it improves with Foligno, but I doubt 1 player makes that much difference

The Leafs PK has allowed the lowest rate of shots in the league. Despite this, Freddy’s .786 PK SV% is the second worst behind Hart for any goalie who’s played more than 20 games. Their goaltending situation is sinking them despite Jack being the most likely to rebound.

Wouldn’t exactly call a bottom six that will and has seen guys like Foligno, Sabourin, Simmonds, Jumbo, Hyman, or Soup in it, Charmin Ultrasoft” either.

1 minute ago, Morrison7 said:

The Leafs PK has allowed the lowest rate of shots in the league. Despite this, Freddy’s .786 PK SV% is the second worst behind Hart for any goalie who’s played more than 20 games. Their goaltending situation is sinking them despite Jack being the most likely to rebound.

Wouldn’t exactly call a bottom six that will and has seen guys like Foligno, Sabourin, Simmonds, Jumbo, Hyman, or Soup in it, Charmin Ultrasoft” either.

lmao thats a brutal bottom 6. Simmonds and Thornton have been useless, Sabourin belongs in the AHL. Hyman belongs with the top 6. Foligno and Mikheyev are the only ones who actually will be where they're supposed to be. 

I have every bit of faith that Campbell rebounds. Problem is Hutch should not be this team's 2nd best goalie. I don't believe Freddy is as terrible as he's shown this year either, I think he was playing hurt because there was 0 depth behind him when Campbell was out. However I wouldn't call him reliable come playoff time either

7 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

jesus.  AHL goalies dont put up those numbers in the nhl, let alone nhl starters.  

im actually not in favor of firing shanny/dubas if we lose in round 1 this year.   i *certainly* am not in favor of keefe being fired, who has done a really good job overall.  this team has completely changed how they play from a year ago, despite the shit-show we're being treated to right now, again.  top teams go through bad stretches too, cup winning teams go through bad stretches, and they actually have goaltending that can steal some games during that time.  

we havn't stolen a single game with goaltending this year, and i have *never* seen that, ever.  even bad goaltenders can steal games here & there over the course of a season.   our goaltending is a tirefire, and it will likely sink us come playoffs in round 1, but I do expect it do be addressed this off-season.

such a shame too.... we had a real shot this year of doing damage, based largely off the changes dubas made last year.  I would say they need to unload a contract like kerfoot (not that he's bad, but the 3.5 is needed) to make sure you retain guys like foligno & nash who actually show up and battle.  (assuming they gel in the lineup)

13 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

jesus.  AHL goalies dont put up those numbers in the nhl, let alone nhl starters.  

im actually not in favor of firing shanny/dubas if we lose in round 1 this year.   i *certainly* am not in favor of keefe being fired, who has done a really good job overall.  this team has completely changed how they play from a year ago, despite the shit-show we're being treated to right now, again.  top teams go through bad stretches too, cup winning teams go through bad stretches, and they actually have goaltending that can steal some games during that time.  

we havn't stolen a single game with goaltending this year, and i have *never* seen that, ever.  even bad goaltenders can steal games here & there over the course of a season.   our goaltending is a tirefire, and it will likely sink us come playoffs in round 1, but I do expect it do be addressed this off-season.

such a shame too.... we had a real shot this year of doing damage, based largely off the changes dubas made last year.  I would say they need to unload a contract like kerfoot (not that he's bad, but the 3.5 is needed) to make sure you retain guys like foligno & nash who actually show up and battle.  (assuming they gel in the lineup)

Unless one of Jack, Freddy, or BSD want to be a part of a solution rather than the problem, they’re stuck.

Fire Briere and Malhotra if anyone.

Just now, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Lmao.

Because firing people will help.

Lmao, yes. better watch it fail over and over and over and over again. Because 'they're kids, it's just not a professional sport or anything, give them a break already, they need to be cuddled more and eventually they'll learn, not in 5 years,  but like eventually'.

2 hours ago, §andman said:

If it's another first round exit, you trade someone from the core. 

You absolutely cannot go with the same core again next season. 

Yes. We need to trade a core piece, preferably for a core-piece goalie. Other than Matthews, you trade any.

11 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Lmao.

Because firing people will help.

So you do not believe in accountability? Somebody has to be held responsible for the team effort. Or lack of would be a better term to use.

Leafs are fine, sky is not falling. None of those 3 are going anywhere even with a 1st round exit, which isn't going to happen. Are top two lines are way too good, Foligno and Nash will be nice additions to this team especially come playoff time.  A rested healthy Andersen is something I don't think we've seen this season, exception of the first 10ish games. 

15 minutes ago, Hank Mardukus said:

Leafs are fine, sky is not falling. None of those 3 are going anywhere even with a 1st round exit, which isn't going to happen. Are top two lines are way too good, Foligno and Nash will be nice additions to this team especially come playoff time.  A rested healthy Andersen is something I don't think we've seen this season, exception of the first 10ish games. 

It doesn’t matter how ‘good’ you are.. I mean, on paper and based on random stats, Leafs should have won the cup 3-4 years in a row. These ‘stars’ have failed every time it meant something. You can’t be shut out against CBJ with an offense so strong. That is unacceptable. Especially when a muffin shot from anyone from anywhere goes in net.

People still don't understand that Freddie's poor play has nothing to do with being injured.

He's a bad goalie, barely NHL calibre.

If/when he gets back, it will be the same slow, unathletic, unfocused Freddie. 

7 minutes ago, JockDent said:

People still don't understand that Freddie's poor play has nothing to do with being injured.

He's a bad goalie, barely NHL calibre.

If/when he gets back, it will be the same slow, unathletic, unfocused Freddie. 

Well i guess Jack or someone else has to get their shit together then. Because right now non of the Leafs goalies are playing well.

Just now, PIPERSMAN63 said:

Well i guess Jack or someone else has to get their shit together then. Because right now non of the Leafs goalies are playing well.

Jack has been bad, Riddich has been bad, and Andersen IS bad.

You cannot have success in the playoffs without at least AVERAGE goaltending. You don't need Brodeur quality goaltending, but you do need average goaltending.

Unless Jack regains his confidence, as Tiger once said," they're done like dinner!"