2020-21 Around The League Discussion

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell of a statement, you love to see it.

Posted Images

The NHL then immediately said, no, they never said that. Ever. 

Dude can get fucked. You get the luxury of not working and still getting paid millions, and pampered by the NHL. There are literally millions who didn't. Who lost their jobs. 

The balls on this guy. Get fucked. 

I read his comments, they seemed pretty tame. A lot of them seemed pretty on point, actually. It sounded a lot like JT Miller who was applauded for being real because "this isn't just about hockey." 

I would also not be shocked to find out there was talk that vaccinated teams/players might recieve a reprieve from some of the rules or that the NHL would say they never, ever said that in a million years even if they kind of did behind the scenes. 

11 hours ago, Duffman said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand him. Guy never shuts the fuck up.

That said, what's the context here? lmao

11 hours ago, Duffman said:

Lehner seems like the type of guy who just loves the sound of his own voice

I’m not really surprised you take issues with someone who has led the mental health awareness in hockey.

11 hours ago, Raiden said:

The NHL then immediately said, no, they never said that. Ever. 

Dude can get fucked. You get the luxury of not working and still getting paid millions, and pampered by the NHL. There are literally millions who didn't. Who lost their jobs. 

The balls on this guy. Get fucked. 

Money doesn’t change being bi-polar.  It’s clearly a struggle for people like that who are forced into isolation. And Bill Daly is a snake.

1 hour ago, TuckerIntensity said:

I read his comments, they seemed pretty tame. A lot of them seemed pretty on point, actually. It sounded a lot like JT Miller who was applauded for being real because "this isn't just about hockey." 

I would also not be shocked to find out there was talk that vaccinated teams/players might recieve a reprieve from some of the rules or that the NHL would say they never, ever said that in a million years even if they kind of did behind the scenes. 

Agreed.

On 4/21/2021 at 1:33 AM, Duffman said:

Still a better division than the north. 

St. Louis is waking up, they're too good to miss the playoffs. But oh man letting Pietrangelo go was a huge mistake. I'll never understand the Faulk trade and immediate extension, even if he has been good this year. Cost them their best player and captain. 

no it isn’t.  sjs, la & anaheim are ottawa bad, three ottawas in one division, then minn & arizona are 9-12 teams who are looking competent, neither of which would be in a playoff spot in the north.

2 hours ago, Dog Taker said:

no it isn’t.  sjs, la & anaheim are ottawa bad, three ottawas in one division, then minn & arizona are 9-12 teams who are looking competent, neither of which would be in a playoff spot in the north.

Honest question, have you watched any of the west games? Anaheim is the only one who's been almost as bad as Ottawa. SJ and LA are both around Vancouver/Calgary if not better. 

At the top Colorado and Vegas are both better than anyone in the North. Then I'd say Toronto. Minnesota has been like a brand new team this year, they don't look like much on paper but that team reminds me a little bit of 1st year Vegas. I'd put them with Winnipeg. 

So really only Toronto would be guaranteed a playoff spot in the west, maybe Winnipeg. 

On the one hand, good one Lehner for speaking his mind. I don't hate it.

On the other hand, fuck off, you get paid millions to play a sport. You'll survive with restrictions and not having to worry about bills. 

It's funny how noone mentions that we play in a division that has the two best players in the entire NHL on 1 team. And given how Mcdavid is on another level compared to anyone, facing him 9-10 times in a single season is something worth discussing and talking about. It doesn't matter if the rest of the team is average, Mcdavid (and Leon) can win games on his own. 

1 hour ago, Duffman said:

Honest question, have you watched any of the west games? Anaheim is the only one who's been almost as bad as Ottawa. SJ and LA are both around Vancouver/Calgary if not better. 

At the top Colorado and Vegas are both better than anyone in the North. Then I'd say Toronto. Minnesota has been like a brand new team this year, they don't look like much on paper but that team reminds me a little bit of 1st year Vegas. I'd put them with Winnipeg. 

So really only Toronto would be guaranteed a playoff spot in the west, maybe Winnipeg. 

and magically next season all of those teams will miss again!  you of course will believe this to be unexplainable, and that arizona is truly a powerhouse. 

anyways.

34 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

and magically next season all of those teams will miss again!  you of course will believe this to be unexplainable, and that arizona is truly a powerhouse. 

anyways.

Ok so that's a no, you haven't watched

1 hour ago, §andman said:

It's funny how noone mentions that we play in a division that has the two best players in the entire NHL on 1 team. And given how Mcdavid is on another level compared to anyone, facing him 9-10 times in a single season is something worth discussing and talking about. It doesn't matter if the rest of the team is average, Mcdavid (and Leon) can win games on his own. 

That team is only scary when they get to beat up on Ottawa and Calgary. Sure McD and Drai can win games on their own now, but that doesn't work in the playoffs. Everyone thought they were so great last year, only to get "upset" by the mediocre Hawks. 

The only thing I don't get is their surprising dominance vs Winnipeg. Although looking at the Jets defence it does kinda make sense 

5 hours ago, Dog Taker said:

... them play sjs, la, & ana?  i think it’s you who havnt watched.

The California teams were lottery teams last season and are still playing like lottery teams this year. And they'll continue to be next season when the divisions go back to normal. Shocking stuff!

Edited by Morrison7
6 hours ago, Dog Taker said:

... them play sjs, la, & ana?  i think it’s you who havnt watched.

Arizona isn't as bad as you're making them out to be. Fuck I can't believe I'm defending the coyotes lmao

1 hour ago, Morrison7 said:

The California teams were lottery teams last season and are still playing like lottery teams this year. And they'll continue to be next season when the divisions go back to normal. Shocking stuff!

SJ is all kinds of yikes, I'll give you that. But LA and Anaheim should improve. Got a lot of high picks on both teams making the jump either right now or next year. I can't speak as much for Anaheim, but I'd expect LA takes a big step up next season. The defence looks very solid with Doughty, Roy, Walker, Bjornfot and Anderson. They've got some question marks up front but if Byfield and Turcotte play like top 5 picks they'll be alright. Goaltending is set with Petersen. 

Hell, just having Calgary and Edmonton back in the division should help too. 

These arguments make no sense. 

You're defending ANA and LA because they have some young talent and will add young talent yet OTT, who has Stuetzle/Tkachuk (Chabot, a younger Doughty) and a bunch of guys coming up, you conveniently dismiss. 

Bias is obvious.

5 hours ago, §andman said:

These arguments make no sense. 

You're defending ANA and LA because they have some young talent and will add young talent yet OTT, who has Stuetzle/Tkachuk (Chabot, a younger Doughty) and a bunch of guys coming up, you conveniently dismiss. 

Bias is obvious.

I'm saying they're not as bad as Ottawa this year (therefore making the bottom end of the division stronger) and they likely improve next year (where Morri said they were terrible last year, this year, and next year). What talent Ottawa has coming up next year isn't relevant to this argument. 

Whats obvious is that most of you have watched very little (if any) actual games in the west this year. 

Gotta agree with Duff here.  

The simple fact that the Leafs, as the clear #1 in the North all season long, would clearly be #3 in the West is by itself probably enough to suggest that it's the stronger division, IMO.   

ANA is terrible and worse than OTT, actually.  But LA, SJ, and PHX are all better and closer to VAN and CGY than OTT.  

It's not some slight against the Leafs.  You can only play and beat who's in front of you.  

On 4/22/2021 at 1:43 PM, Duffman said:

That team is only scary when they get to beat up on Ottawa and Calgary. Sure McD and Drai can win games on their own now, but that doesn't work in the playoffs. Everyone thought they were so great last year, only to get "upset" by the mediocre Hawks. 

The only thing I don't get is their surprising dominance vs Winnipeg. Although looking at the Jets defence it does kinda make sense 

I don't buy the Edmonton hype at all. They're a one-line team with two of the best players in the world. Beyond that, they've executed very well on the PP and Mike Smith has had an excellent season. I also believe this recipe won't work well in the playoffs. Hell, the Toronto Maple Leafs have figured them out.

42 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Love to see it. Edmonton absolutely shitting on Winnipeg. 

The Leafs should walk into the conference finals, and relatively painlessly too. Montreal I see 6 games and I legit think we can dispatch Edmonton in 5.

Bruh what happened, I thought ya loved the Jets? 

But yea I've been saying it all year, embarrassingly easy route to the final 4 for Toronto

35 minutes ago, Raiden said:

I dumped the team faster than a Crackhead sucks dick for another hit when they traded Laine. 

I'll never cheer for them again. I was serious 

Oh man they won that trade so hard. Laine has been (unsurprisingly) dog shit in Columbus. Idk what ya'll see in him. Dubois is a much better fit for a team that cares about winning