2020-21 Around The League Discussion

I remember prior to COVID we were discussing the small possibility that OV would catch Gretzky in goals scored seems COVID has made that even less probable.

On another note, Kessel has started the season with 3 goals in 3 games. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell of a statement, you love to see it.

Since 2012. He’s currently one of the longest tenured GM’s in the league. He’s already burned through one core and if it wasn’t for a global pandemic, they were going to miss the playoffs for the

Posted Images

3 hours ago, n0nsense said:

I remember prior to COVID we were discussing the small possibility that OV would catch Gretzky in goals scored seems COVID has made that even less probable.

i think OV’s had what, 3 lockouts now?   the first was his rookie season too, which likely woulda been 50 goals.  I dare say he should be about 100 goals higher than where he is. 

mind you gretz had a shortened season too, so maybe he’d have had another 20-30 too.  oh well, it was a nice thought about OV.  (altho he did score the other night)

Edited by Dog Taker
3 hours ago, n0nsense said:

No team will ever win thw cup with Kessel. Three goals won't change that.

2 minutes ago, §andman said:

I mean, it is a bit silly that players can't get together in a hotel room... these guys play, practice, sit on the bench, and yup, hug each other after a goal but the hotel room thing is a no go?

So, she does have a point there. It is pretty stupid. 

Agreed. Seeing the coaches on the bench wearing masks is almost laughable. But optics are important too I guess.

The arenas and transport to arenas are controlled environments. Everything else, isn't. Given the fact they tested positive. 

Unless you want the NHL to start mandating the game to accommodate Covid, by which point we're not playing hockey anymore, then you accept the league will be doing everything they can to minimise exposure. That includes wearing masks while in a hotel room. 

So no, she doesn't have a point and yes, they were fucking idiots to do it. 

38 minutes ago, Raiden said:

The arenas and transport to arenas are controlled environments. Everything else, isn't. Given the fact they tested positive. 

Unless you want the NHL to start mandating the game to accommodate Covid, by which point we're not playing hockey anymore, then you accept the league will be doing everything they can to minimise exposure. That includes wearing masks while in a hotel room. 

Her point is definitely half assed but so is yours.  Call it a fifty/fifty split.  I think that's reasonable.

41 minutes ago, Raiden said:

So it's ok to hug in game, sit right beside each other and sweat all over each other but we can't sit around and smoke a bowl in the hotel room and play video games? 

Well, it was the Russians so it was probably do a few lines and drink some vodka. 

She does have a point and I agree with @n0nsense call this a 50/50. It's the same BS as allowing Wal-mart to sell nonessential goods but not allow the mom and pop to sell their stuff. 

It isn't 50/50, because they get tested before games for this exact reason and the players agreed to it. If Ovi didn't want to wear a mask while doing his blown with the other Russians, Ovi should have stayed home and done his blow with his wife. Instead, they all sit now and Washington is worse for it. 

End of story. 

11 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

Makes it even better that Ovechkin’s wife bitched about the protocol rules afterwards... despite the players agreeing to them.

She's right, the rules aren't consistent and don't make sense. 

Neither does paying a neanderthal millions of dollars to play kid's games during a pandemic while people go homeless and hungry.

So STFU entitled bitch.