Toronto Marlies Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marlies in 5-1.    Brown had 2 points and reached both the 20 goal plateau and 60 point plateau in his rookie season. Damn impressive,   Nylander had 3 points and has 27 in 33 games. Through April

Kyle Cicerella ‏@KyleTheReporter  47s47 seconds ago William Nylander left last night's game in the third as precaution after being hit in face but isn't expected to miss anytime, says Dineen.

thats it? He liked tweets that you don't agree with on twitter?

Well thankfully we've got Briere to make our goalies worse. Don't need satan himself trying to improve the goaltending. Another W for the wonderkid Dubas

Edited by Duffman
1 minute ago, Morrison7 said:

If you’re shocked that your social media presence could take you out of the running for a coaching job in one of the world’s biggest hockey organizations, you’re choosing to be dumb.

Shocked? no, not really. Disappointed and confused? Absolutely. Here I thought he actually did something wrong 

But thats par for the course with this loser organization 

Too bad the Leafs weren't more thorough in their interviewing process in the 1st place.

I feel that this is not a one off, but pretty well par for the course in the Leafs' hiring practices, be it players, coaches, GM's or scouts.

Arrogance breeds mistakes.

Edited by JockDent

@Dog Taker Since our wonderful russian dictator has spoken, I'll address your post in the other thread here:

I'm sure your friends are good people, as you appear to be. I don't think I've said they're bad people anywhere, and if I have that wasn't my intention.  I can completely disagree with their "orientation" without thinking they're bad people. 

However it makes about as much sense as a child thinking they're superman or a dinosaur. You play along to a certain extent sure, but eventually reality sets in. No person born a man can become a woman (or the opposite). Full stop. Be whatever "orientation" (or whatever word you want to use) you feel the need to be, again I don't care. But caving to these fantasies (I genuinely don't know what other words to use) that you can switch sexes is all kinds of wrong. 

50 minutes ago, Duffman said:

@Dog Taker Since our wonderful russian dictator has spoken, I'll address your post in the other thread here:

I'm sure your friends are good people, as you appear to be. I don't think I've said they're bad people anywhere, and if I have that wasn't my intention.  I can completely disagree with their "orientation" without thinking they're bad people. 

However it makes about as much sense as a child thinking they're superman or a dinosaur. You play along to a certain extent sure, but eventually reality sets in. No person born a man can become a woman (or the opposite). Full stop. Be whatever "orientation" (or whatever word you want to use) you feel the need to be, again I don't care. But caving to these fantasies (I genuinely don't know what other words to use) that you can switch sexes is all kinds of wrong. 

You say you don't care, yet take an extreme viewpoint on the topic, when someone who really doesn't care, doesn't need lines drawn in the sand to define them.

1 hour ago, Duffman said:

Not that I needed to be convinced of their experiences, but if I needed to be, then I would look at your arguments here, and all I can see in your arguments are the parallels to what I was told 10 years ago about myself.  

Identical arguments, and I knew at that time at least logically (though not emotionally) that they were wrong, every single one.  

1. "completely disagree with their 'orientation'"   ->  as if what trans people are telling you, and the lives they've led historically, would indicate anything resembling a fantasy that they're 'getting away with.'

2. "i dont think they're bad people" -> while simultaneously saying they're delusional, that their experiences are rubbish, and that they're making society bend to their will, despite the utter lack of power they hold over the rest of society and their well established position as a minority with little to no political power, and even less buying power.

3. "makes as much as sense as a child thinking they're superman or a dinosaur" -> just like it made as much sense as marrying your dog, or a dinosaur, or a chair.  I remember those identical arguments quite clearly.

4. "no person born a man can become a woman"  ->  no trans person claims that they've changed their biological sex, btw, just so we're clear. it is gender which they dont associate with, and it is the realm of gender in which they transition within. every trans person is aware that their chromosomes aren't changing, and BTW, there is actually more than two configurations of chromosomes, it as well is not binary, not that that's what we're talking about here.

5. "caving to these fantasies" -> on what exactly?  what has society caved to?  the leafs are not a government, and they don't believe in having transphobic employees being publicly transphobic will help their ability to market their product (aka make more money).  To argue that they shouldn't be able to make autonomous decisions about their business seems rather odd for someone who I can safely say is firmly in the right wing.  

Edited by Dog Taker
8 hours ago, Dog Taker said:

Not that I needed to be convinced of their experiences, but if I needed to be, then I would look at your arguments here, and all I can see in your arguments are the parallels to what I was told 10 years ago about myself.  

Identical arguments, and I knew at that time at least logically (though not emotionally) that they were wrong, every single one.  

1. "completely disagree with their 'orientation'"   ->  as if what trans people are telling you, and the lives they've led historically, would indicate anything resembling a fantasy that they're 'getting away with.'

2. "i dont think they're bad people" -> while simultaneously saying they're delusional, that their experiences are rubbish, and that they're making society bend to their will, despite the utter lack of power they hold over the rest of society and their well established position as a minority with little to no political power, and even less buying power.

3. "makes as much as sense as a child thinking they're superman or a dinosaur" -> just like it made as much sense as marrying your dog, or a dinosaur, or a chair.  I remember those identical arguments quite clearly.

4. "no person born a man can become a woman"  ->  no trans person claims that they've changed their biological sex, btw, just so we're clear. it is gender which they dont associate with, and it is the realm of gender in which they transition within. every trans person is aware that their chromosomes aren't changing, and BTW, there is actually more than two configurations of chromosomes, it as well is not binary, not that that's what we're talking about here.

5. "caving to these fantasies" -> on what exactly?  what has society caved to?  the leafs are not a government, and they don't believe in having transphobic employees being publicly transphobic will help their ability to market their product (aka make more money).  To argue that they shouldn't be able to make autonomous decisions about their business seems rather odd for someone who I can safely say is firmly in the right wing.  

JKG is the exact kind of person that takes issue with something like this while supporting anti-gay business.  

good post by the way.  You’ve clearly defined that he thinks the trans community is going to take over the world.

Breaking: You Cannot Change Biological Sex Says XY Who Began Life as XX, As All XYs Do

Why do you insist on giving a platform to demonstrably ignorant, terrified little snowflakes?

Winnipeg Ian is trans-masc.

Edited by Komissar Sasha
  • 2 months later...

For anyone interested, AHLtv is having a free-view all weekend. 

You're not required to subscribe to any of the packages to create an account.  

The marlies open their season today at 4pm, and play again tomorrow, also at 4pm.

Should be a really interesting year for the Marlies.  Lot's of intriguing prospects up front. 

Will be fun to see how SDA, Nick Rob, Gogolev, Abramov, Steeves and Anderson perform given a full slate of AHL competition.  Some quality pro experience in Ho-sang, Semyonov, and Gabriel.  On the blueline, both Philip Kral and Brennan Menell showed well in preseason and will be worth keeping an eye on.  

Impressive display from the marlies.

Ho-sang was electric.  Speed and skill on display.  Every play, shot or pass was decisive.  

Robertson showed some offensive maturity. After firing away early in the first, he started using his shot threat to set up other guys. Good to see.

Semyonov was good, and efficiently so. Duszak was in the mix all game, both good and bad.

Nice way to open the season!

On 10/17/2021 at 7:18 PM, Doc J said:

Ugh. 

Marlies getting dummied, but the worse part is Robertson hurt again, did not return.  

Looked like a leg injury.  Not good.  

Poor kid can't catch a break... injuries just follow him around